Wheelchair Van Technician
Wheelchair Van Techs are responsible for the safe and efficient transport of customers needing transport in a wheelchair, geri chair, or high-back chair from various locations.
All techs must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license which should be with the driver at all times while on duty.
Qualifications of the driver include:
- Must be 23 years of age
- Must be submitted and approved by our insurance carrier.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Must possess and maintain current CPR/AED/First Aid training
- Must be able to pass a mental evaluation and drug screen.
- Must have never been convicted of DUI.
- Must have a high school diploma, equivalent certificate, or GED certification.
- Must be able to monitor the portable radio and/or phone for communications from dispatch.
- Take required personal hygiene measures.
- Ensure all patient belongings are turned over to the customer and a receipt if necessary.
- Maintain a clean vehicle.
- Responsible for retrieving, cleaning, checking out equipment and restocking the vehicle.
- Upon arrival to the destination with the customer, the WVT should:
- Relay pertinent information to the medical staff
- Complete required records and reports.
- Must be knowledgeable of the working mechanics of the various wheelchair vans
- Must be able to assist in other duties as deemed necessary