Wheelchair Transport Driver
All drivers must possess and maintain a valid driver's license which should be with the driver at all times while on duty.
Qualifications of a driver include:
- Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Must be submitted and approved by our insurance carrier.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Must be CPR & AED certified.
- Must be able to pass a mental evaluation and drug screen.
- Must have never been convicted of a DUI.
- Must have a high school diploma, equivalent certificate, or GED certificate.
- Must be able to monitor the portable radio and/or phone for communications from dispatch.
- Take required personal hygiene measures.
- Must be flexible to work 24-hour shifts.
Drivers should always practice courteous and defensive driving skills. Drivers also assist attendants in completing run reports if he or she is over-burdened with the task. You will be responsible for completing the maintenance checklist daily and maintain a working knowledge of the equipment and its location on the unit. Drivers must also maintain proper fluid levels in the unit, as set forth in the SOPs, and keep your unit clean at all times. You should familiarize yourself with the major roads and highways serving Mobile County and should be able to read and interpret a map.