Body Transport Driver
All techs must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license which should be with the driver at all times while on duty.
Qualifications of the driver include:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be submitted and approved by our insurance carrier.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Must possess and maintain current CPR/AED/First Aid training.
- Must be able to pass a mental evaluation and drug screen.
- Must have never been convicted of DUI.
- Must have a high school diploma, equivalent certificate, or GED certification.
- Take required personal hygiene measures.
- Maintain a clean vehicle.
- Responsible for retrieving, cleaning, checking out equipment and restocking the vehicle.
- Upon arrival to the destination with the remains, the Transporter should:
- Relay pertinent information to the receiving staff.
- Complete required records and reports in full.
- Must have a working knowledge of all associated equipment used.
- Must use extreme care in the handling of human remains.
- Must be able to interact with families of the deceased in a respectable, courteous and compassionate manner.
- Must be familiar with the processes and procedures of ADFS and the various funeral homes we serve.
- Must be flexible to work 24-hour shifts.
Must be able to assist in other duties as deemed necessary.